Have you set up a Halloween checklist yet to ensure your holiday season can go off without a hitch? A Halloween checklist should include numerous tips and techniques to implement to ensure your teeth and gums are not damaged. Important things to consider include:
– Visit your dentist for routine check-ups, oral examinations, oral health care treatments, and professional cleanings.
– Select candy carefully, and avoid products that can stay in your mouth for long periods of time.
– Consider alternative cleaning tools to use after eating, including chewing gum to help stimulate saliva flow.
– Avoid sticky or chewy candy.
– Always remember to brush twice a day and floss once daily with effective tools.
– Eat a healthy diet that includes enamel-building minerals such as calcium and phosphorus.
– Drink more water, especially after meals where acidic foods were consumed.
– Stay away from snacks that can increase your risk for cavities.
– Have a plan in place for you and your family to limit the amount of candy you and your loved ones consume. Furthermore, dispose of any extra candy after the holiday season.
For more tips on treats, please visit Dr. Ronald Fuhrmann and our wonderful dental practitioners at Ronald C. Fuhrmann, DDS, A division of Atlantic Dental Care. If you would like to make an appointment, please call us at 757-716-7943, or stop by our office in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Have a safe and happy Halloween!