Have you ever felt any pain or decreased sensitivity in your jaw when you wake up? Do you ever suffer from jaw pain while chewing or eating food? If so, you may be suffering from chronic jaw pain. They can often be difficult to diagnose and treat because numerous risk factors are involved with jaw pain. Visit your dentist for a thorough exam, which may include x-rays to determine the exact cause of your jaw pain. Possible causes of jaw pain are as follows:
– If you have any sinus issues or irregularities, they can also lead to jaw and facial pain.
– Numerous exercises and mouth protectors can be used to help treat and eliminate conditions associated with jaw and facial pain.
– Antibiotics are often used to help with jaw and facial pain.
– Oral accidents and injuries and the presence of arthritis are all known risk factors for jaw and facial pain.
– Numerous oral ailments and underlying conditions in your mouth and body can give rise to jaw and facial pain. This can include periodontal disease, bruxism, also known as tooth grinding, TMJ disorders, toothaches, and infections.
– To help treat jaw and facial pain, consider the use of a muscle relaxant or anti-inflammatory drug.
– In some extreme situations, root canal therapies, periodontal treatments, and tooth extractions may be needed to help treat jaw and facial pain.
Dr. Ronald Fuhrmann and all of our fantastic team are located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. If you would like to schedule an appointment with Ronald C. Fuhrmann, DDS, A division of Atlantic Dental Care for jaw and facial pain treatments, please call our dentist office at 757-716-7943.